2012 High School Combine
June 3, 2012 at the Factory
On Sunday, Jun 3, 2012 The Factory will be having its 5th Annual High School Combine. In years past we have had some of the top High School football players in the area participate in our combines to help further their athletic aspirations. Players like Bradley Roby (Peachtree Ridge / Ohio State University), Adrian Hubbard (Norcross / University of Alabama), Storm Johnson (Loganville / University of Miami), Ean Pemberton (Grayson / Austin Peay State University) and many others have participated in The Factory High School Combine before earning college scholarships to get the opportunity to play at the next level.
What time will the Combine begin? The Factory Combine is done by positions to ensure that both participants and their parents only have to be there for the minimum time necessary for participation. Times will be as follows:
***Note: Times are subject to change based upon the numbers of athletes at each position. The FINAL schedule will be made available to participants and put on-line ONE WEEK prior to the event!!!
Why should YOU do a High School Combine? The recruitment of High School football players by college recruiters is beginning earlier in the careers of the athletes every year! If you have any aspirations at all of playing college football, then you need to do a High School Combine in order to establish a presence for recruiters and post the appropriate data that recruiters seek in the recruiting process. Regardless of your age and high school grade / classification, a Combine can help you get the data, practice, experience and or presence that you need by performing in a professional arena in front of a crowd of people to get your results from specified and measured events in both time and distance.
Why should you do The Factory High School Combine? The results that you receive from the Combine are yours! They are personal and confidential, and they will only be shared (in whole or in part) at the discretion of the participant!
The Factory also takes pride in the fact that the rules of our Combine are rigid, and we follow the official rules of our events to the letter! We use certified Georgia High School Association (GHSA) coaches who are experienced and competent as timers and judges for all of the events.
All off the events are performed in an indoor facility that is climate controlled. This ensures that each athlete will be able to give his/her best at each event regardless of the weather for that day or for previous days which may have caused conditions of the running surface to be impacted.
Athletes will also be at The Factory for only a limited time to ensure a better chance of performing maximum results!!! There is no extended wait times that are witnessed at other combines where athletes may become hungry, tired or just lose their intensity and interest from long wait periods.
What will happen with the results of the Combine? The results of our Combine (as so chosen by the participants) will be posted on our website. This information will be readily available to the public.
The Factory will also send the results of the Combine to college coaches, scouts, news agencies, etc. with whom The Factory has established relationships and communication. Some examples of colleges such as these are:
University of Alabama
University of Georgia
Appalachian State University
University of South Carolina
Georgia State University
San Jose State University
University of Troy
University of Wisconsin
Ohio State University
University of Kentucky
National Collegiate Scouting Association (NCSA)
Football University (FBU
…and many more!
How much does the Combine cost? The cost of the combine is $75.00 per participant. The money is used to pay the professional coaches, trainers, judges and staff that are trained to run the event and ensure its accuracy and help get the results publicized.
The Factory is located at 2505 Newpoint Parkway, Suite 200, Lawrenceville, GA 30043.
We will limit the amount of participants to ensure that the event runs in a timely fashion for the good of all participating athletes!!! Sign up TODAY to ensure that your space is reserved for this event!!!
Rules for the Combine
- Participation: Participants may participate in as many of the six (6) events as they desire. However, no participant may repeat any event as a “do over” for any reason unless it is approved by a certified coach employed by The Factory for this event due to a specific reason(s) that will follow in the individual instructions for each event.
- Attire: All participants must wear the shirt they are issued by The Factory on the day of the event. They may wear the shorts, leggings, socks and shoes of their choosing.
- Measurements: Each participant will be measured for their height and weight at the beginning of the event.
- Order of Events: Participants will be broken up into groups of no more than ten (10). After measurements, all participants will be taken through a stretching routine. Participants will be given five (5) additional minutes to do further stretching at their discretion. Each group of ten (10) or less will then be taken to an individual event and will remain at that event until everyone in their group completes the event. The entire group will then rotate to the next event and continue this process until all events are completed. The rotation and/or order of the events being performed will be at the discretion of The Factory staff and coaches for the event.
- Staffing: The Factory will employ certified GHSA coaches and certified trainers for this event. Participants will be instructed on how to do each event, but they will not be “coached” on any particular method to use for any of the events.
- Waiver and Disclaimer: All participants will sign a waiver prior to the “measurements” at the Combine releasing Our Varsity, The Factory and/or any of its staff and/or coaches from any liability resulting from any type of injury that may be incurred during any and/or all of the events at the Combine.
Description of the Events
- There will be six (6) events that will comprise this Combine. The events will be as follows:
- 40 Yard Dash
- Standing Broad Jump
- Standing Vertical Jump
- 20 Yard (Pro) Shuttle
- “L” Drill
- Bench Press
- 40 Yard Dash: This event will simply be a forty yard speed run for your best time. Participants may use either a three or four point stance at the “start” line. All points (three or four) must be behind the start line. Participant must be exactly still (in the “zero position”) prior to starting. No rolling starts! Time will begin when any point (3 or 4) of the body leaves the ground at the start position. Time will end when any part of the participant’s body breaks the plane of the “finish” line. Time will be measured to the hundredth of a second (i.e.”4.53 seconds”). Participants may be asked to STOP during the run or repeat the run after completion if the coach(es) scoring the event declare a rolling start and/or the time for the participant was missed for any reason. The number of re-starts given to any participant is at the discretion of the coach(es) scoring the event.
- Standing Broad Jump: Participants will put both feet side by side on a line standing in a stationary position. Participants will then leap forward as far as they can. Upon landing, participants must maintain their feet position in order to have a qualifying jump. (“Stick the landing.”) In the event that the participants can not hold their feet position the jump will be disqualified, and the participants will be allowed to jump again. There will be a maximum of three (3) jumps per participant. However the first qualifying jump that a participant lands will be counted as the official jump, and that participant will not get another jump regardless of how many times he has previously jumped. Any participant not landing an official (qualifying) jump from the three jumps granted will receive a “scratch” for the event and have “no score” posted. Distance will be measured to the inch for the jumps (i.e. 6 feet 7 inches or 79 inches).
- Standing Vertical Jump: Participants will put both feet side by side on a line standing in a stationary position. Participants will then leap upward as high as they can to touch “sticks” on an apparatus that measures height. That distance will be unofficially logged. Participants will then receive one (1) additional jump immediately following the first jump to see if they can better their leap. The second jump will be conducted the same as the first jump. The better of the two jumps will be recorded as the official leap for the participant. Distance will be measured to the inch for the jumps (i.e. 4 feet 1 inches or 49 inches).
- 20 Yard (Pro) Shuttle: Participants will straddle the “start/finish” line to begin the event with one hand touching the “start/finish” line. Participants will then proceed either to the right or to the left for five (5) yards and touch with their hand the designated line that is five (5) yards away. Participants will then run back through the “start/finish” line and proceed to touch with their hand another designated line that is five (5) yards away in the opposite direction from the “start/finish” line from which they began. After touching this second line, participants will sprint back through the “start/finish” line to complete the event. Time will end when any part of the participant’s body breaks the plane of the “start/finish” line. Time will be measured to the hundredth of a second (i.e.”4.23 seconds”). Participants must touch each line with their hands in order to receive a qualifying score. There will be NO DO-OVERS for this event. Participants ruled as not touching either and/or both lines will receive a “no score” for the event!
- “L” Drill: Participants may use either a three or four point stance at the “start/finish” line. All points (three or four) must be behind the “start/finish” line. Participant must be exactly still (in the “zero position”) prior to starting. No rolling starts! Time will begin when any point (3 or 4) of the body leaves the ground at the start position. Participants will run five (5) yards forward to touch a designated line with their hand. They will then return to the “start/finish” line which they will also touch with the same hand in which they touched the first line. Participants will then run forwards again for five (5) yards and make a ninety (90) degree right hand turn. After making the right hand turn, participants will then proceed to make a “figure eight” turn around a marker (cone) placed five (5) yards away for the point in which they made the ninety (90) degree turn. Participants will then retrace the course in the opposite direction around the ninety (90) degree turn to the “start/finish” line. Time will end when any part of the participant’s body breaks the plane of the “start/finish” line. Time will be measured to the hundredth of a second (i.e.”5.53 seconds”). Participants must touch each line with their hands in order to receive a qualifying score. Participants are NOT allowed to knock over any cones/markers placed on the course for the event! Participants are NOT allowed to put their hand on the ground while rounding any cones during the course of the event. There will be NO DO-OVERS for this event. Participants ruled as not touching either and/or both lines and/or knocking over any cones/markers on the course will receive a “no score” for the event!
- Bench Press: Eighth (8th) Grade Participants will be allowed to use ninety-five (95) pounds to perform the event. All Other Participants will be allowed to choose between one hundred and eighty-five (185) pounds and one hundred and fifty-five (155) pounds to perform the event. Event staff will give participants a “lift-off” and then say, “Start” to begin the event. Participants must touch the bar to their chests and press the weight upward to the position in which the elbows are locked to qualify as a completed repetition. If at any time the barbell or weights contact the racks on the bench then the event will end for the participant performing the event. Participants will perform lifts until the point of physical failure. There is no time limit once the participants begin the event. Measurement for this event will be number of repetitions (i.e. 15 repetitions).
The Cost of the Combine is $75
** After Paying you will sent to a registration page that is REQUIRED to complete your signup.
READ THIS BEFORE YOU REGISTER… after paying for the Combine you will see a screen that looks like the one below. IT IS IMPORTANT that you click on the link that says Return to firstname.lastname@example.org to complete your registration. That link takes you to a screen where you will tell us more about your son or daughter athlete.
SAMPLE SCREEN YOU WILL SEE AFTER PAYING
END OF SAMPLE SCREEN
Now you are ready to Register Below – Click on the Buy It Now Button